GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: deautokey License plate LED kit

Chris112

Ready to race!
After my last purchase/review of Deautokey.com's interior LED kit found HERE, I decided to try out their LED License plate LED kit.

As always it was the same great service from deautokey. What I like most about these lights is the modest clean look, they don't shine the entire street. They were super easy to install in seconds and have no blue tint, just a white clean light. All I had to do was unclip the oem housings and plug in the new housings from deautokey. There is no error or light out code with these! I love the look of LED License plate lights, but never wanted to purchase the sets I found available because of how bright they were. These are the perfect amount of clean/white light.

Here are some pictures:

If you guys have any questions about these I will try to help, but so far for the week I have had them, they have been great. I wanted to be sure to test out the lights for a little bit of time before doing a review and feel now I would safely endorse these LED License plate lights.

Thanks,

Chris

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Holy shit those are bright!

JhnR

Banned
Well he said their not that bright....i dont think pics do justice. I ordered a set too, so ill give my review once i get them in.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
No, they are super bright, but they are LESS bright than the rdash which lights up the entire street on both sides. These are LED so all LED will shine bright where they are pointed.

These also have no blue tint, all super crisp white light that matches your interior as these are made with the same LED.

Chris112

Ready to race!
Well he said their not that bright....i dont think pics do justice. I ordered a set too, so ill give my review once i get them in.

Right, don't get me wrong they aren't stock brightness, but they don't light up the street either!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks, these were made to be less bright than the rdash and eliminate the blue tint, also made with the same great hyper white LED that are in your interior now (if purchased a set from us).

Our main goal is to get an entire LED set that matches, interior and exterior, we are on our way and we will have reverse / city lights and much more coming in that will match your interior!

We are also going to be placing a lifetime warranty on our LED.

Thank you

GTIProject

Ready to race!
Interested, had an Rdash setup for a while, but the connectors corroded and eventually failed. I repaired them twice. All the connections were not weather-tight and they give you no way of securing the resistor packs inside the bumper. I managed to velcro them, but its not really OEM.

I wish someone built a set of OE-style rear LED lights.

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
deAutoKey, do you have a recommended way to secure the resistors? I don't like the fact that they are banging around inside my bumper. I also don't want to wrap anything around the heatsink which could cause premature failure... Suggestions?

Otherwise they are awesome! Perfect amount of light, not retina-burning like R-dash, not meh-blah-phttt like the stock incandescent... Very happy with these and the interior kit I just installed!

NYCRabbit1

Ready to race!
How hot do these resistors get?
Can anybody please post a picture of the whole setup (not installed) with resistors?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
deAutoKey, do you have a recommended way to secure the resistors? I don't like the fact that they are banging around inside my bumper. I also don't want to wrap anything around the heatsink which could cause premature failure... Suggestions?

Otherwise they are awesome! Perfect amount of light, not retina-burning like R-dash, not meh-blah-phttt like the stock incandescent... Very happy with these and the interior kit I just installed!

Hi, double sided tape is the best bet, place them on the side of the inside of your housing.

The x represents where most people will put the resistors:

x[LED] [LED]x

There is plenty of space on the sides on the inside of your rear bumper to hold the resistors.

Thank you